What is the Best Option?
At some point, everybody looks in the mirror and realizes that they look older. Starting as early as our forties, we can begin to see significant changes to our facial features. Facial aging appears as;
- Sagging Skin in the Mid-face
- Loss of Defined Jawline Resulting in Jowls
- Wrinkling and Sagging Neck Skin
- Fat Deposits Under Eyes
- Drooping Eyebrows
- Increased Wrinkles on Face and Forehead
- Hollowed Temples
- Lost Facial Fat and Tissue Volume
- Deep Nasolabial Lines Near Your Nose
- Lines Running from Corners of your Lips Down to Chin
- Loss of Muscle Tone in Lower Face
- Double Chin, Extra Fat Deposits in Chin
When facial features begin to undergo noticeable changes, many people consider getting a facelift. But, they have to decide if they want a surgical or non-surgical facelift procedure.
Surgery Is Not the Only Option
Surgery is no longer the only option for achieving a facelift. Non-surgical alternatives range from aggressive laser procedures to PDO thread-lifts. These non-surgical procedures can be very effective at restoring a youthful appearance.
Depending on the condition of your skin, options such as fillers, PDO threads and/or lasers could give you months of restored youth. The following are some of the non-surgical facelift options currently available;
Botox – Can address lines around the eyes and on the forehead
Fillers – Dermal fillers can be used to add volume, lift cheek area, diminish nasolabial folds and define jawlines.
PDO Threads – are a very good alternative to a surgical facelift. They can be used to lift skin in almost every location on the face and neck. They enable the doctor to securely lift skin and tissue to a more youthful position. The treads can last 15-18 months and encourage collagen to regenerate in areas they are placed.
Lasers – Advances in laser technology has enabled doctors to offer non-surgical facelift alternatives that are FDA approved, safe and effective at restoring youthful appearances. Lasers such as Fotona offers procedures that can tighten skin, increase collagen growth and improve skin appearance with long lasting results.
Advantages to Non-Surgical Facelift
- Little to No Downtime
- Minimal Pain and Discomfort
- No Anesthesia
- No Scars
- Minimal Risks
- Fast and Effective
- Cost is Less than Surgical Facelifts
Disadvantages to Non-Surgical Facelift
- Results Don’t Last as Long
- Requires Repeat Procedures to Maintain Results
- Effects Can Be Less Dramatic
- Not Appropriate for Every Patient – If you have Too Much Skin Laxity or Lost Volume, Surgery Might be Your Only Option.
- Some of the Products Can Cause Allergic Reactions
The traditional or surgical facelift is performed to remove excess facial skin and reposition the soft tissues to rejuvenate the appearance of the face. The mid-face area is often the focus of most surgical facelifts because it tends to have the most severe aging problems. Mid-facelifts can address several problems areas including sagging cheeks, nasolabial folds, drooping jowls and excess neck skin.
To get a more youthful and refreshed look, patients can also surgically address; drooping brows, wrinkles on the forehead, eyelid problems and bags beneath eyes.
Advantages of Surgical Facelift
- Tighten Facial Muscles to Help Facelift Last Longer
- Trim and Tighten Sagging Skin
- Improve Facial Contours
- Eliminate Wrinkles on Cheeks
- Improve Eyelids
- Eliminate Jowls and Define Jawline
- Smooth the Neck Area.
- Results Can Last 10 Years or More
Disadvantages of Surgical Facelift
- Incisions Scars – Small but Might Be Visible
- Long Healing Period
- Might Need Help with Post-Operative Care for a Few Days
- Cost is Higher than Non-Surgical Treatments
- Requires Anesthesia
- Pain, Swelling and Bruising Could Last for Several Days
- Risks – All Surgeries Have Some Inherent Risk of Serious Complications
A surgical facelift is safe when performed by certified and experienced surgeons. It can bring long lasting youthful changes to your face in a single procedure.
Talk to With an Experienced Surgeon
Any alteration to your face should be a carefully thought-out decision. Whether you choose a surgical facelift or one of the alternative non-surgical options, take the time to review all the advantages and disadvantages. Your face is the first thing people see when they meet you. It is how we identify each other. Even making a subtle adjustment, can cause a major change in your appearance. Get expert advice from an experienced surgeon with an artistic eye. Don’t rush to a decision and make sure that your doctor reviews all your options that can best meet your desired results.
Advanced Surgical Arts provides both surgical and non-surgical facelift solutions to address a wide range of issues. If you are ready to restore your youthful appearance, contact us at 972-612-1900 to schedule a complimentary consultation to discuss which facelift method is best for your cosmetic goals.